EMA Releases Guideline on Covariates in Clinical Trials
Drugmakers planning to assign clinical trial participants to a separate arm of the study based on baseline monitoring must report those plans to the European Medicines Agency, including which factors — called covariates — they plan to rely on to make those assignments.
Often, these covariates are measures taken early in a trial, such as a baseline measurement, that would prompt sponsors to stratify patients into different treatment arms, according to guidance released last week.
- Intellipharmaceutics Hit with Lawsuit for Allegedly Hyping Rexista September 13, 2017Intellipharmaceutics artificially inflated its stock prices during the NDA process for its oxycodone product Rexista, a new class-action lawsuit claims.
- EMA Calls for Special Approach for Tracking Pediatric Drugs September 13, 2017Managing drug treatments for children may call for communicating with them via Facebook, videos or comics, the European Medicines Agency said in draft guidance on pharmacovigilance practices for pediatric populations.
- EMA Outlines Generic Drugmaker Decisions for Dissolution Specifications September 13, 2017The European Medicines Agency released a reflection paper to help guide generic drugmakers through the process of setting specifications for in vitro dissolution of immediate-release oral drugs.
- LOGFILE No. 35/2017 – Technology Transfer Phases September 19, 2017Technology Transfer Phases An excerpt from GMP Series A Successful Concept for Technology Transfer in Drug Manufacturing 5 minutes reading time by Christian Gausepohl, PhDmehr
- FDA seeks input on “Continuous Manufacturing” September 18, 2017On September 11, 2017, Michael Kopcha, Ph.D., R.Ph. and FDA’s director of the Office of Pharmaceutical Quality, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER), announced the opening of a public docket to seek input from experts in areas of science, technology and best practices concerning “Continuous Manufacturing”. To establish common guiding principles to this new […]
- Short news: PIC/S / Swissmedic September 18, 2017PIC/S: Three New Participating AuthoritiesSwissmedic: Combat Against Illegal Pharmaceuticalsmehr